Thursday, November 22, 2012

Mike Bloomberg's Thanksgiving Gift

Last week, I received a great Thanksgiving Gift from Mike Bloomberg.  I work in Morningside Heights, and take my bike to Midtown sometimes.  It's always been dicey: Central Park is OK without cars, but can be downright dangerous when bikes and pedestrians are all crowded into just one of the three lanes (I know from unfortunate experience).  I generally tried to use it only during no-car hours for this reason.

Well, last week I noticed something different upon entering the park: the lanes have been reconfigured! Now, there is one lane for pedestrians, one for bikes and one for cars (and carriages).  Now it FINALLY safe to use this route through the City, even during rush hour.  Horray!

http://www.examiner.com/article/dot-paints-wider-central-park-lanes-for-bikes-and-runners

But what about horse carriages?  Should they go in the bike or the car lane?  I have no idea.  But I do know that horses are big, and I give them a wide berth.

No comments:

Post a Comment